Friday, December 18, 2009
Posted by Nola at 8:42 AM
It's been a while since I've posted! I wrote a 7 month post for Riley, but never actually posted it because I never had time to add pictures. So here's her 8 month update:
- She's started crawling, but only has one gear...REVERSE! It is so funny to watch her go from sitting to down on her tummy (the picture below is after she's crawled backwards under the Christmas tree)
- She has three teeth now--two on bottom and one on her top right
- She's still a drool monster, but her cheeks and neck have greatly improved since I started using Aveeno Soothing Relief lotion
- She's babbling and "talking" all the time. She woke up last night and was talking in her crib and it sounded like she was saying "Mama" but I can't get her to say it on demand.
- All of a sudden, she's not liking any green veggies. She did love them and I thought peas were once one of her favorites, but now she just gags. But she eats all other foods with enthusiasm!
- She loves her brother and thinks he's quite funny--she gets tickled just watching him play
- She's clapping
- Riley can stand with a little support (and help getting up)
- She's still my chunky monkey with rolls and dimples everywhere
- She loves bathtime and sitting up in the tub playing with her toys
- She is content to play by herself a lot of the time
- She's got her big girl carseat now and loves it
Posted by Nola at 7:48 AM
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Halloween was a family affair at our house this year. Heather (my sis-in-law) and my niece, Lilah, joined us for Trick or Treating. It was so much fun! Neither one of the girls had napped well, but they were troopers. They were the cutest cowboy, flower and pumpkin I've ever seen!
Posted by Nola at 1:10 PM
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
- Riley can sit for a couple of minutes without any support
- She really loves her Jumperoo...so much so that she rubbed a blister on her big toe
- She really loves baby food...so much so that she gained 3lbs in a month since she started
- Peas, sweet potatoes and bananas are her favorites
- Riley loves to splash in the tub
- She has her first tooth...her lower right tooth has broken through
- She's trying to hug...she grabs us really tight by our face, hair, clothes...whatever is in reach
- She's definitely got the high-pitched, top of her lungs girl sqeal down to a science
Posted by Nola at 6:39 AM
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Posted by Nola at 5:55 AM
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Riley is 5 months old today! It's going by SO fast! She's also 3 weeks post-op. The suture that was coming up through her skin dissolved on it's own and fell off today. Yay! Only 3 more weeks of arm restraints and steristrips. I'm honestly so tired of the restraints...I know they are required to help protect the awesome work that Dr. M did, but I'm ready for Riley to be able to be a regular baby. A baby that can play unrestricted, can put her hands in her mouth, can roll around on the floor. Dr. M is pleased with how her lip is healing. She does have a little puffiness under her nose and I'm hoping we can help reduce that by putting her steristrips on tighter.
Here are 5 things about Riley:
- she loves to be naked and take baths--she's likes to splash around
- she's laughing out loud and is very ticklish
- she can roll over both ways, but not with the restraints on :(
- she can sit up fairly well with little support
- her favorite toys are her bouncy seat and overhead gym
Here are some pictures I took today:
Posted by Nola at 3:22 PM
Monday, September 14, 2009
Today is our 5 year anniversary! Brock and I were married at sunset on Makena Secret Surf Beach in Maui, Hawaii. We dated for 5 years before we got married. During that time we were in several weddings and decided that a big production was not for us. So to Maui we went! It was beautiful and was the trip of a lifetime! Now, if I could only convince Brock that we have to go back (he's not much of a traveler).
Posted by Nola at 8:23 AM
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Sawyer loves taking pictures with my camera. Usually I just delete them because they're typically really close-up pictures of the remote, couch cushion, toys, etc. The other night he had my old camera and managed to take a few decent pictures. I'll have to be sure to let Santa know that Sawyer might want his very own kid camera for Christmas.
Posted by Nola at 7:03 PM
Monday, September 7, 2009
I fully intend on posting more about Riley's surgery, but I just haven't had time. Naps have been hard to come-by (Riley wants to be held and wakes up the second her body touches her bed). I'm hoping I have time to post more this week! Happy Labor Day!
Posted by Nola at 7:52 AM
Friday, August 28, 2009
Posted by Nola at 4:15 PM
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Posted by Nola at 7:26 AM