This past Saturday night, Brock, Sawyer and I went bowling with some friends of ours and their two youngest children. We had a great time. Brock's mom was nice enough to come over and babysit Riley so we could go. I think it was the first time just the three of us have done something together since Riley was born. It was Sawyer's first bowling experience, as you can tell by the pictures, he had a blast!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Posted by Nola at 1:26 PM
First of all let me say that I am SO far behind on my blogging (and reading other's blogs). I may try to go back and post some pics from Christmas. For now I'll stick with current events.
Riley turned 9 months old on the 16th. She's growing up so fast! I don't remember time going by quite this fast with Sawyer. It'd hate to see how fast it goes if we have a third!
Some things Riley has been up to:
- She has left backwards-only and crab crawling styles behind! She is now full steam ahead! And the heads straight for the totally not baby-proofed play room.
- She is back to eating the full array of stage 2 baby foods. She is also eating some things from the table. But I think there is as much food in the high chair seat that ends up in her mouth. However, she is not that crazy about stage 3 dinners so far.
- She weighed 22 lbs 4 oz and was 29 inches long at her 9 month check up. She is in the 90-95% for both. Sawyer weighed 21 lbs at a year old. She did still have fluid in both ears, so if she still has fluid in a month we will visit the ENT for tubes.
- Riley is babbling a lot but no "real" words so far.
- She loves to clap and shake her head "no-no."
- She attempts to pull up, but has not been very successful so far. She does love standing up and playing though.
- She has SIX teeth (2 on top and 4 on bottom) and loves to brush her teeth.
- She has been on soy formula since I stopped pumping, but we are successfully adding milk-based formula (and some whole milk today) to her bottles and she's tolerating it just fine!
- Her hair is starting to grow in much more now.
Posted by Nola at 12:08 PM