The best family pic we could get ;)
Riley turned one on April 16th and we had her birthday party the following day. The weather was perfect so we had it outside. I chose a ladybug theme for her and it was adorable! She really got into her cake...so much so that we pulled out a metal tub and had an old-fashioned outdoor bath :) It's hard to believe it's been a year already. We are so thankful that God blessed us with her. She is a sweet, happy, loving baby and she adds so much love and fun to our family.
Papa and Biggie with their grand-girls
sweet birthday girl
The birthday cake and Riley's ladybug smash cake
Maybe black icing wasn't such a good idea...
She thinking "What have I done?"
nothin' cuter than a little hiney :)
Now for 12 things about Riley:
- She can say "Mama," "Dada," "byebye," "uhoh," "nana," (banana) and is trying to say Sawyer "Aw-er"
- She's not walking yet, but is standing up more and more on her own and cruises everywhere
- She's the fastest crawler I've ever seen
- Riley is a great eater and loves fruits and veggies, especially bananas (she can eat at least 2 in one sitting)
- She's got 9 teeth now
- She loves playing with her brother, and he loves to help her walk by holding her hands
- She signs "finished" and "more"
- She gave up her bottle about a week before her birthday without any fuss
- Riley gives the sweetest, sloppiest, open mouth kisses ever :)
- At her 1 year check-up, she weighed 24lbs 1oz and was 31in long (3lbs more than Sawyer was at a year old)
- She loves to play outside
- We've been working on animal sounds, and so far she knows a monkey says "ah-ah-ah"