We spent 5 days at Panama City Beach last week and had a blast! It was my family, my brother's family, my mom and my aunt. We stayed at Splash, which was great because the pools and splash areas were partially or fully shaded. Riley wasn't too sure about the whole beach/splash area to start off with--she got scared right off the bat by the large splash area. It had a HUGE bucket of water that dumped and was pretty loud. By Day 2, she was enjoying herself, although she never really loved the beach. Sawyer loved every minute of it, from sliding down the water slides to learning how to swim to finding tons of shells on the beach.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Posted by Nola at 10:25 AM
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
- She can say "Mama," "Dada," "byebye," "uhoh," "nana," (banana) and is trying to say Sawyer "Aw-er"
- She's not walking yet, but is standing up more and more on her own and cruises everywhere
- She's the fastest crawler I've ever seen
- Riley is a great eater and loves fruits and veggies, especially bananas (she can eat at least 2 in one sitting)
- She's got 9 teeth now
- She loves playing with her brother, and he loves to help her walk by holding her hands
- She signs "finished" and "more"
- She gave up her bottle about a week before her birthday without any fuss
- Riley gives the sweetest, sloppiest, open mouth kisses ever :)
- At her 1 year check-up, she weighed 24lbs 1oz and was 31in long (3lbs more than Sawyer was at a year old)
- She loves to play outside
- We've been working on animal sounds, and so far she knows a monkey says "ah-ah-ah"
Posted by Nola at 12:36 PM
Monday, April 12, 2010
Sawyer played his first t-ball game on Saturday. It was so much fun! Seeing them hit and run and try to catch the ball is so exciting. And they only tackled each other a few times :) I am guilty of being a bit of a paparazzo...I took 167 pictures! Here are just a few...well, a little more than a few...
Posted by Nola at 9:45 AM
We started off our Easter celebration with an egg hunt a church. The children were read the Easter story before they had an egg hunt. Sawyer's allergies were acting up, so he didn't get that excited about the egg hunt. But Riley enjoyed playing with the egg she found.
Then the Easter Bunny came and brought Sawyer a kite with spool, sunglasses, cowboy Silly Bandz and candy. Riley got a collection of hair bows, candy and a rubber ducky dressed like a lamb.
After church, we had lunch at Brock's parents' house and then both kids (and Mama and Daddy too) took long naps. We finished out the weekend with a egg hunt at Brock's parents' house.
Posted by Nola at 7:50 AM
Monday, March 29, 2010
Posted by Nola at 8:51 AM
We've been fortunate enough lately to get to spend a lot of time with my niece, my brother and my sister-in-law. It makes for lots of photo ops with the kiddos.
Posted by Nola at 8:39 AM
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Riley is 10 months old today! It's surreal that she's going to be one year old in just two short months. Here are a few new things she is up to:
- She's pulling up and cruising.
- She's officially done with baby food--after tasting "real" food she decided she didn't want anymore bland, baby stuff!
- She's doing great with her sippy cup and we have cut out one bottle already and have almost cut out a second one.
- She's babbling a lot but no real words yet.
- She waves bye-bye.
- We went back to the pediatrician today to have her ears checked. No fluid today so tubes aren't in her immediate future.
Posted by Nola at 2:33 PM