First of all let me say that I am SO far behind on my blogging (and reading other's blogs). I may try to go back and post some pics from Christmas. For now I'll stick with current events.
Riley turned 9 months old on the 16th. She's growing up so fast! I don't remember time going by quite this fast with Sawyer. It'd hate to see how fast it goes if we have a third!
Some things Riley has been up to:
- She has left backwards-only and crab crawling styles behind! She is now full steam ahead! And the heads straight for the totally not baby-proofed play room.
- She is back to eating the full array of stage 2 baby foods. She is also eating some things from the table. But I think there is as much food in the high chair seat that ends up in her mouth. However, she is not that crazy about stage 3 dinners so far.
- She weighed 22 lbs 4 oz and was 29 inches long at her 9 month check up. She is in the 90-95% for both. Sawyer weighed 21 lbs at a year old. She did still have fluid in both ears, so if she still has fluid in a month we will visit the ENT for tubes.
- Riley is babbling a lot but no "real" words so far.
- She loves to clap and shake her head "no-no."
- She attempts to pull up, but has not been very successful so far. She does love standing up and playing though.
- She has SIX teeth (2 on top and 4 on bottom) and loves to brush her teeth.
- She has been on soy formula since I stopped pumping, but we are successfully adding milk-based formula (and some whole milk today) to her bottles and she's tolerating it just fine!
- Her hair is starting to grow in much more now.